GE - Millenium Brew Info

The Tolands p.toland at computer.org
Wed Dec 29 17:29:52 PST 1999

As promised, here is more info on the Millenium Brew.  Everyone is welcome
to come, even if you only wish to observe and help out.  We will have movies
and request that people bring munchies and drinks.  Anyone who wants to make
a batch of their own while we are at it will need a few things: A carboy, a
fermentation lock, honey, water and some sort of flavoring.  Assuming that
you are going to make 5 gallons of mead you will need a 5 gallon carboy,
about 15lbs of honey and 5 gallons of water.  You can get the carboy
($19.95) and fermentation lock ($2) at DeFalco's (address below) and the
Sam's in Conroe has honey ($6 for 5lbs) and water (< $5 for 5 gallons).  The
flavoring can be sundry spices or fruit depending on what you want.  Get in
touch with me for more specific details.

There is a DeFalco's quite near where we have populace meetings.  Head down
1960 to Kuykendahl.  DeFalco's is about 1/2 mile up at 16460 Kuykendahl.
There is also one downtown at 2415 Robinhood for folks on that end of town.

To get to my house, take your favorite route to I-45.  Follow 45 to The
Woodlands and take the Research Forest exit.  If you are coming from the
South, turn left under the freeway and head down Research Forest.  If you
are coming from the North, turn right down Research Forest.  Follow Research
Forest to the end.  By the end I mean until you cannot go any further
forward without running into a barricade.  (Believe it or not, some people
have difficulty with this concept.  When I say the end of Research Forest, I
really mean the end ;-) )  Turn left onto Branch Crossing (you can't turn
right or go straight here) and make the first right onto Wynnoak.  When you
first turn onto Wynnoak notice the large park to your left that would be
nice for fighter practices :-)  Follow Wynnoak until North and South Wynnoak
split.  Go right onto North Wynnoak and we are number 162 on your left.
Park in the driveway or on the side of the road as necessary, just make sure
that you leave enough room for other cars to get by (the streets are very
narrow).

Until then,
Ciaran
--
"This example confuses tools that assume sane behavior from the programmer."
 -Bjarne Stroustrup