GE - Supper with Annes

Darlene Vandever hlannes at ivillage.com
Sat Jul 8 18:15:02 PDT 2000

--

On Sat, 08 Jul 2000 18:03:48   Texas Red wrote:
>Dear Annes,
>Please forgive this message if it is inappropriate.
>I have great interest in the CSA and am searching for a "first event"

Dear Red,

   Hi!  This may be just what you are looking for since it is supper with friends before we toddle (or perhaps waddle would be more appropriate since Fuddruckers does serve LARGE hamburgers) across the street to the monthly meeting of the canton.  FYI, a canton is the smallest recognized group in the SCA.  Think of a "den" in the boyscouts and that's about right.  It would be a good place for a shy new person to relax a bit before attending a more formal SCA meeting.  If you have been looking at the list then you know that the supper so far has about 7 people going to it although more may just show up on their own.  We generally have 15 or more people at the meeting and then lots of them go out for coffee and more chatting afterwards.  Since I can't wait until 9 pm to eat supper and most the time I need to jet home to bed anyway (job gets me up at about 4:30 am most months---teacher) I began inviting those who wanted to supper with me prior to the meeting.  It will change from month to month as we don't want to eat the same stuff all the time.  Besides, Fuddrucker's is a public eating establishment so come on.  More the merrier.

In Service,

Join the most exciting community of women on the web!
iVillage.com's FREE membership gets you private email,
your own home page, special discounts and sweepstakes,
and dozens of problem-solving tools.
http://www.ivillage.com/frame/join_email.html