GE - Vivant the Gates Edge Contrade!

Lady Angharad Rhonddha lady_angharad_rhonddha at hotmail.com
Mon May 1 13:46:16 PDT 2000

Greetings and apologies for getting this out so late (my cruel taskmasters
expexted me to work today!)

It's hard for me to express just how proud I am of what we accomplished this
weekend.  We more than proved we can organize and improvise - and look great
while doing it!

These are my memories - please add yours!
- our wonderful procession and presentation to the Doge and his court
- Mary and her presentation of the "mated" pair of rabbits to the Doge
- Lady Seren and her vigilence at the our chapel
- Lord Bowen, who proved that diplomacy is better than violence
- our fighting ladies brigade, who repulsed bank robbers and kidnappers and
were honored in court for their courage
- providing the Doge with a nap hide-out
- a wonderful feast and an even more wonderful feast competition - I
understand folks are still taking about the chicken in pomegranate sauce
- hand-feeding the Doge and his entourage (ask Lady Gwynhyfy about this)
- our unusual "present" to the Doge and the payment requested - we'd all
like to hear what went on.......
- the bravery of our fighters and the beauty of our ladies and the courage
and honor of both
- the honors at Court - Lady Seren, Lord Bowen, the fighting ladies, M'Lady
Caoilin for the best feast)

Vivant!

Lady Angharad Rhonddha of Glamorgen
Sable, a closed book palewise Or
"The little stars always shine while the great sun is often eclipsed." -
Unknown