GE - Let's Help Shall We?

blaan at flash.net blaan at flash.net
Sat May 27 01:46:56 PDT 2000

Dear Folks,
       It's about 11 am I think, on Sunday am.  I am very bleary-eyed
having yet to fully recover from all the fun we had yesterday.  BTW, a
big VIVAT to one of the biggest MSF's I can remember (and I can remember
all of them.......sometimes).  Congrats to LADY Cielyn and LORD Ciaran.
Vivat to the new holders of the SABLE COMET....Lady Caitlin, Lady Gwen,
Lady Seren.  Vivat to our newest GUARDIANS, HL Fenris and HL Fedelm.
Vivat to our newest FAIR CHAMPION, Sir Godwin of Eddington.  Vivat to
the COOKS!  Vivat to all the folks of Stargate who stayed and played and
worked to clean up.  We owe these folks big time people!  Whew!  What a
bunch of vivats!  Vivat to HONORABLE LORD Gerald of Leesville, on his
Iris of Merit!   I'm sure there's more.  It was great and we can
congratulate ourselves.  Hopefully, the gate was good enough that we
broke even or maybe even went over.  FYI, there were 103 adults and 12
children (under 12) on the sign in sheets.  There was a slight
discrepincy on the gate.  The sheets tallied up $1,056 dollars taken in
and there was 1,074 dollars in the cash box.  That is $18 over and I
figure that is 3 feasts we somehow didn't get written onto the sheets.
I don't know what break even was because I don't know what the costs of
the event were.  Hopefully, those in the know will figure it out soon
enough.

    Well, all the above is not the original motive for this missive but
I felt I needed to say it anyway.  Here's the real missive.

     Last night during clean up, Lord Ihon MacEowin, stepped down wrong
off the stage and broke his foot.  He and Lady Ebylyn do not have health
insurance.  They have both been staunch supporters of Gate's Edge,
coming to meetings and so forth even tho' they live and play in
WestGate.  I would like the populace to consider taking up a donation as
a group to give to them.  I'm sure any amount would help and be
appreciated.

Love