GE - Fwd: ANST - FWD: Gulf Wars Equestrian Changes

Diane M. Mathews camelothorse at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 1 14:18:28 PST 2000

I suppose that since I was the only individual that rode side-saddle in the
Emprise last year (or ever) that the new rule was directed towards me.  I am
not personally insulted nor do I think that the new rule is out of order.
The time period stated for the Emprise (which has never been stated before)
WOULD be before side saddles and also, a female persona would not have been
competing nor would a non European persona.  Although I do not believe that
the new regulations are going to " Speed " up the Emprise I agree with the
attempt to improve heraldic display.  If I take horses to Gulf Wars this
year, have no fear, I will still ride my horses around in their barding and
in my side-saddle.  I had the nobility of all three Kingdoms compliment my
horse, his barding, my own attire, my equestrian abilities and thank me for
my efforts.  For me, that was enough.  I believe that I added to the DREAM.
As for the Emprise, again if I take horses, LOOK OUT -----I have been
researching my  new armour and it will be just as stunning as my side-saddle
was.

Lady Guinevere

PS-----I am a more dangerous opponent astride than side-saddle.  Trimaris is
forwarned !