GE - Polish Viking

StephenMacthomas at aol.com StephenMacthomas at aol.com
Fri Sep 22 14:02:07 PDT 2000

Greetings from Stephen the bald guy.

Last night at newcomers (thanks for hosting, Kvinne!) we had much fun and
learned many new songs.  One of these was Drink To The Sword, by Master
Ragnar, which was ably taught by Lord Bowen, titled Bard of La Marche
Sauvage.  Perhaps too ably ...

Walick the Wanderer, who was in attendance, writes ...

>  Lets drink to the sword thats merry in battle
>  lets drink to the forman who gallantly dies
>  lets raise a horn and drink the mead deeply
>  drink deep the mead until the barrel runs dry.
>
>  Help!!! someone get this song out of my head

And another successful test of the attack BARDS of Ansteorra.  BARDS, of
course, being the acronym for Brilliant Automatically Reptitive Delivery
System.  The Earl Marshal of Ansteorra, in conjuction with the Kingdom's
Premier Bard, have developed this system and are dutifully working on
deploying this at Gulf Wars X.  The idea is to fill the enemy's head with a
catchy tune and therefore distract them from the war, until the tell-tale
clang of rattan against helm tells them to lie down and rest a while.  <grin>

In a related note, we are actively soliciting filks based on My Sharona and
Yellow Submarine that extol the virtues of the Lands of The Sable Star.

Stephen.

Please Note:  Although Sir Kief and Master Ulf are both very cool Norsefolk
themselves, (hmmm ... is it any wonder that Drink To The Sword was chosen as
the test subject?) no actual Earl Marshals or Premier Bards of Ansteorra were
harmed in the making of this ridiculous post, although smartalecky
seneschal/bard types might get thumped some day by said cool Norsefolks for
bring the Knack and the Beatles into it.  Ja ja.

P.S.  Everyone have a good weekend.  :)