GE - so quiet I had to say something

Eadric Anstapa eadric at barley.scabrewer.com
Sun Feb 18 18:36:09 PST 2001

It is pretty easy to get started and more diffuclt to master.  You can do
some nice stuff relatively inexpensively.  The method you use will depend on
what you want to make, how fine the detail is, and how many of each item,
you wish to make.

Sand casting is affordable and relatively easy as is soapstone casting and
cuttlebone casting.

The most expensive pieces of equipment that you will need are the crucibles
to melt your metal in and the heat source to melt the metal with.  The easy
and most readily available way to melt the metal is with the direct flame
from a oxy-acetaline torch that you can get at any welding supply or big
tool stores.

Some casting links.

http://members.nbci.com/HWilkinson/index.htm
http://www.greendragon.net/smith.html