GE - casting

starkey arthur artairmacmora at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 19 15:12:44 PST 2001

 Greetinge m'lords,

I have produced many site tokens and other items using the sand casting method.  The advantage I have is the proper clay and sand both occur naturally on my property.  I have made multiple molds which require gates and sprues to make them work properly.  this is where the skill comes in.

I also use the same clay mixed with portland cement to form a melting furnace that gets hot enough to melt brass.

If you are interested in more information, ask specific questions and I will attempt to answer them.

Ld. Artair Macmora

  Walick thewanderer <walickthewanderer at hotmail.com> wrote:
If I had 10 or so carved wooden badges, we could made a sand cast of five at
a time using 2 cast (= 10 badges) It would take a while and maybe not a lot
of detail would show, but it would be COOL.

Walick