GE - Greetings from the List Administrator

Stephen Macthomas macthomas at ev1.net
Mon Feb 26 22:10:19 PST 2001

This list was created for the purpose of discussing items relevant to the
Canton of Gate's Edge, its populace and guests, and the SCA in general.
Metal casting is such a relevant topic and therefore is a part of what
should be discussed here.  However, no one topic should dominate the list.
There is clearly an interest in metal casting, so as the List Administrator
I would suggest bringing the topic of a metalworking workshop up to the
general populace at a populace meeting.  On a side note, I noticed that some
weeks ago, there was as much bandwidth being taken up with Iron Seamstresses
as there is now with metal casting, yet there were no calls for closing the
thread.  Because there are now such calls, I will respectfully ask that this
topic be taken to private e-mails.  Tensions are getting high, the topic is
becoming personal, and as the List Administrator I will vehemently fight any
thread that even has the LOOK of combustion.  Any further discussion should
be geared towards where and how this thread will continue off-topic.  There
will not be another warning, simply a post stating that the list will be
monitored until further notice.

Stephen
List Administrator