GE - posting proposal 715.2.3

Shanahan Stormbearer ms_shanahan at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 27 09:47:38 PST 2001

....."Eadric Anstapa" wrote:

Anyone can start a new email list for FREE and you don't need any hardware
to do it.  Go to   http://groups.yahoo.com/ and just start a new
group.......

Greetings to all,

Shanahan here.  Tyr and I discussed this very thing last night via private
email so steps are underway.  (I, BTW, am the one who set-up the Beadworkers
Guild list on Yahoo Groups with the nod from our guild principal (sp?).  Due
to mudane matters, it's getting off to a slower-than-I'd-like-it start but I
hope to remedy that soon.)

One question, though.  Is there a place on the main page for Gate's Edge
which gives a 'terms-of-service' type description for the main list?  A
place which would say the Do's & Don'ts, and what's expected by and from the
participants, etc?  If not, might I suggest that one be created so that
everyone -- newcomers included -- can know what's expected.  That way,
Gate's Edge wouldn't run the risk of scaring away new folk (or anyone else)
because of unintentional 'tensions'.  (We all know that, on the Web, there
are no 'facial expressions' to qualify words... and 'semantics' have been at
the root of many a conflict.)

Anyhow, my 2 penny's worth....  Love you all!!!

Shanahan