[Gatesedge] Fwd: [Ansteorra-announce] The passing of a Fine Asnteorran and a Plea for Help

Nancy Howell nthgsmk at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 21 08:34:54 PDT 2001

More info-everyone, please do what you can to help out. Nan

From: David Jurgens <djurgens at energygraphics.com>
To: "'ansteorra-announce at ansteorra.org'"  <ansteorra-announce at ansteorra.org>
CC: "'johns at spacehab.com'" <johns at spacehab.com>
Subject: [Ansteorra-announce] The passing of a Fine Asnteorran and a Plea
for Help
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 16:31:26 -0500

Greetings unto the Populace of the Great Kingdom of Ansteorra,

I write to you this day to pass along the sad news of the passing of a
fellow Ansteorran.  Lady Christina (Bonnie Yarborough), wife and lady to
Centurion Mu of Samarkand passed away on June 19, 2001 at approximately
10:30 pm.  Christina was a fine Lady, wife and mother and she will be sorely
missed by Mu, her daughter Lori and her extended SCA family.

This is the second tragedy to affect Honorable Lord Mu in the past week.  It
was just over a week ago that the great coastal flood severely damaged Mu's
house and many of his possessions were lost.  Mu had neither insurance for
their home nor life insurance for Christina.  At this point he is in dire
need of monetary help to cover the cost of the funeral and much needed
repairs to his home to make it livable for his daughter and himself.

I am asking all Ansteorrans to look deeply into their hearts and pockets to
do what they can to help this fine man and his family.  We need to raise a
minimum of $6000.00 just to cover the cost of the funeral.  To that end, an
account has been set up in Bonnie's name to accept donations.  Lady Isabeau
Quiquandon, Stargate's new seneschal, has opened this account at the bank in
which she works and asks for everyone to please forward all donations to:

Compass Bank
c/o Terri Walker
2001 Kirby Dr.
Suite C110
Houston, Texas 77019

Make checks payable to "Bonnie Yarborough Benefit Fund"

email: stargate_seneschal at ev1.net
phone: 713-668-5984

If anyone would like to send donations directly to HL Mu, he can be reached
at the following:

Conrad Yarborough
7806 Brian
Humble, TX  77396
email: mu at ev1.net
home: 281-446-7596

When final funeral arrangements have been made they will be made available
to this list.  I want to thank in advance everyone that has the ability to
help.  May God bless Mu, his family and all of Ansteorra.

In Service to all Ansteorrans

Sir Godwin of Edington
Baron of Stargate