[Gatesedge] Westgate Garb Workshop II

Heather Jones hjones at sugar-land.oilfield.slb.com
Fri Jun 29 11:27:59 PDT 2001

Just a quick reminder <grin>

Yes, that's right! The Westgate Sewing Guild is hosting another garb-ing
weekend. The workshop before Gulf War was such a success, we're holding
another!

--June 30th--
The theme of this workshop is "Surviving an Ansteorran Summer". Come make
comfortable clothing appropriate for our summers. We will be working on
Middle Eastern, Greek and Roman, Early Celtic and Viking garments.

--So, what do you need to bring?--
If your sewing machine is portable, please bring it, along with pins and
your favorite scissors. If there is anything else you feel comfortable
bringing, please do. I have plenty of cutting space, layout space, sewing
space, and chairs, and I will provide drinks and snacks (you can't sew on
an empty stomach!). Bring light weight fabrics such as linen, cottons,
gauze, broadcloth, baptiste. Remember, natural fibers breathe better, but
some people are more comfortable in a cotton/poly blend. Use a fabric you
are comfortable in. **Don't forget to pre-wash and dry to prevent more
shrinkage later!

--Other stuff--
The house will be open from 10:00 to 4:00-ish or so (depending on how
things are going). The address is 22803 Garden Canyon Dr.; Katy, TX 77450.
Come join us for the entire day, or for an hour or two; everyone is welcome.

--Directions--
Address is 22803 Garden Canyon, Katy, TX 77450

If you're closer to I-10:
Take 1-10 west and exit Grand Parkway. Turn left at the top of the overpass.
First light is at the bottom of the overpass, second light is about a mile
down. Turn left. This should be Kingsland road.
Turn Right at second light -- this will be Peek Road.
Go to second stop sign (there will be an elementary school on your right)
-- This is Cascade Creek -- and turn left.
Take second right onto Indian Ridge.
Take immediate left onto Cheyenne Meadows.
Take immediate right onto Garden Canyon.
The house is on your right, across from the cul-de-sac, and is a "sunset
orange" color.

If you're closer to 59/Sugar Land Area:
Take your best route to 59 & 99 (Grand Parkway) and go North on Grand Parkway.
After about 15 miles or thereabouts, there will be a light at Highland
Knolls (Albertson's will be on your far left). Turn Right.
Second stop sign turn left. This should be Peek Rd.
First stop sign turn right onto Cascade Creek (there will be an elementary
school on your left)
Take second right onto Indian Ridge.
Take immediate left onto Cheyenne Meadows.
Take immediate right onto Garden Canyon.
The house is on your right, across from the cul-de-sac, and is a "sunset
orange" color.

See you Saturday!
Suannoch.

Lady Suannoch nighean mhic Choinnich