[Gatesedge] Anyone up for trivia regarding candy?

Dan Brandow dbrandow at concentric.net
Tue Jun 19 21:30:42 PDT 2001

Peer2 wrote:

> Hmmm...
>
> Seems like I've heard of different stuff. Candied fruit peels and the like.
> I do know that they used the pulp and juice of sugar beets, since real sugar
> wasn't around until they found sugar cane in the New World.
>
> -- Cedric.

I know that the Chinese and Asian cultures had candied ginger.  It's
supposed to help the stomache digest/take pain out, but it's never work
for me.  Also, I didn't think it tasted that great.  Give me tootsie
rolls anyday!  (Just limit my intake...I gotta get into my swimsuit this
weekend.  Ewwww)  Ekaterina