GE - A War Story and A Thank You List

William de Clare rigali at email.com
Tue Mar 20 15:14:07 PST 2001

A forgotten War story:

     As I recall the Monday we arrived the grounds were dank and muddy.
Bowen and Seren were the only ones in camp set up, for Tyr had a wee bit of
trouble with his truck getting bogged in the mud. Later that day we went to
Applebee's and all ate their fill. Tyr ate three or four baskets of ribs and
fries, I grew anxious to feel the sweet embrace of rum so I cut my dinner
short and had desert (rum & coke). Most of the good folks of Gates Edge sat
at dinner covered in mud or wet clothes. Needless to say we were beat and I
had not slept in over 30 something hours. When we returned to camp we still
had a mass amount of work to do. After a long a miserable day Tyr decided to
tie one on with me. So out came the Wild Turkey 101 and we set forth on a
drinking binge. I was so tired my body burnt off the liquor faster than I
could drink it; but, unfortunately Tyr did not share the same problem. On
the way to his trailer I heard the distinct sound off all his semi digested
ribs splatting on the road behind me. It was dark and I can't begin to tell
you how many a cloaks unknowingly drug thru his groceries. Ahhh!!!!! alas,
he felt better and hit the bottle even harder. He had no place to sleep so I
had him and Kendall crash in my tent. About three or four in the morning he
arose and fled the tent, and while outside he decided to head bunt a tree,
bruising and cutting his forehead. He returned and plopped on the floor
looking for some covers. Then living up to his Viking persona he tore the
warm cloak of Kendall with a grunt and covered himself (chivalry where were
thou?). The next morning Tyr had a head ache from his mishap during the
night.

     So you all know that when Tyr speaks of hugging a tree its literal for
him. He helped make the War much more fun as did all who came. I want to
send a huge special thanks to Bowen and Seren who went out of their way to
bring all those in camp an extra special stay. They sunk in a lot of their
own time and money on us. Another big thanks to Robin who awoke early every
morning and made breakfast for us all. To Tyr and family for sharing half of
their shelter for the dining area. To Bob and Brongar for the excellent
stew. To Damask for her wonderful stew and bread (yumm!!!). To all the sweet
ladies in our camp who built a larger ego for me, and gave a good boost to
my self esteem. Another huge thanks to the good Sir Knight who let me have
the front in Costal Region's charge on the fort (it was a great honor).

Yatta-Yatta-Yatta I'll stop now,
William de Clare