[Gatesedge] A Youth Championship at the next Stargate Baronial?

Debbie Spangler paperdol at wt.net
Mon Nov 5 10:35:02 PST 2001

Greetings, one and all! I do hope this message will not be in triplicate.

Since last Stargate Baronial, I have been pondering the question of whether
the Barony should have a Youth Championship since it already has a
Children's Championship--but there are some of our Youth that are too old to
be a Children's Champion (although we don't have a definite cut-off age).
Several of the Youth that attended last Baronial hung around with the
Children's group and some were otherwise "employed". My thoughts on a Youth
Champion would be in the categories of service, chivalry, knowledge of the
SCA in fields of heraldry and history, A&S, Bardic and in a youth related
rapier/chivalric or archery event.  I could envision this Youth to serve the
Barony for a year as the other champions do. This is all I have--ideas and a
desire to make it happen if the Populace, Officers and Their Excellencies
also desire this. I have talked to some interested parties already and would
like to schedule a meeting soon if there is interest.  Alas, I will not be
at Populace this evening--my son is coming into town this afternoon--and
it's been a year and a half since I've seen him.

In Service to the Barony,
Signy Gandalvsdottir