[Gatesedge] Stargate Baronial

D. Vandever hlannes at ev1.net
Mon Aug 5 08:27:55 PDT 2002

Greetings!  Please forgive the multiple posts if you are on multiple lists.

The time is fast approaching when The Stargate will be celebrating 30 years
of their history!  It's going to be a glorious event and so much fun!

That is, it will be, if enough folks work to help make it happen.  Events
don't run themselves, we have to make them work.

Please consider taking a few hours of your time to head up or to work on one
of the following areas to help make our event even better.

Site Prep-H.E., Master Michael Silverhands, Autocrat, will be posting the
dates when we will be getting together to do site prep.  Please clear your
calendars and come help when you see them posted.  Or write and volunteer
ahead of time.

Set-up crew:  We will have pavillions, list fields, archery ranges, banners,
regalia, tables, kitchen stuff-you name it & we probably will have it and
need it to be set up.  Set up will be happening during the day prior to the
site opening and even after the site opens.  Help keep us from having blood
pressure problems (all of us are getting a bit long in the tooth) by letting
us know ahead of time that we can count on seeing you early to help get the
event set up.

Take-down crew:  This is a not so glamorous job that is absolutely essential
to the good-will of the community wanting to let us come back again.  We are
exhausted from playing all the day before and nobody wants to put away the
toys.  But if we do a lousy job of cleaning up the site, we can lose the
site.  Plus our toys wear out faster because we didn't care for them.
Please consider if you never have, planning the time to come and help tear
down the event.  Oh yes, write and tell us now that we can count on you.

Nastycrat:  This job used to be making sure that the privies had lights at
night and TP during the day.  Our nastycrat is also going to be in charge of
the recycle bins (aluminum and plastic) and helping to haul off trash.  If
you don't have a vehicle to haul, don't think you can't do this job.  H.L.
Annes is specifically overseeing this.  If you think that helping the
environment is what you would like to do, contact her for the details.

Parking Attendants:  This job is going to be really necessary to make sure
people park where they are supposed to and leave room for the next folks to
get in also.  People who are interested in being "directors of the mobile
carriages" will be working with/at troll.  We will need shifts of people for
this.  Please consider a couple hours of your time to help.

These are very urgent jobs and need help.  There are other jobs if these
don't seem feasible.  We want this to be a memorable event (with *happy*
memories!).  Help make "The Dream" become a reality.  Volunteer today by
contacting:

H. E., Master Michael Silverhands: michaelt at neosoft.com
H. L. Gerald of Leesville: jerryn at houston.rr.com
H. L. Annes: hlannes at ev1.net

The feastocrat, Dame Fiona, has her own requirements and needs for her crew.
Please contact her for additional information and to volunteer.
rebpow at hotmail.com

In Service
Annes
Dear God,  Help me to be the person