[Gatesedge] Academy of the Rapier bid

cyranobcc cyranobcc at netzero.net
Thu Dec 19 14:43:49 PST 2002

Unto my friends and populace of the Canton of Gate's Edge, Lord Brian mac Cael sends warm and felicitous greetings.

I would like to take a moment to solicit group feedback for Academy of the Rapier.  In looking at the Kingdom Calendar, the best (i.e.-- open, non-conflicting) date for this Event would be June 28, which I realize is only 3 weeks after Midsummer Faire.  However, in speaking with Don Edward (who autocrated last year's AoR) and Don Iago (Kingdom Rapier Marshall), neither thought that would be a drawback.  As I related in our last populace meeting, the rapier community does most of the work for the Academy and there is really very little the sponsoring group needs to prep for.  I have spoken with the proposed site (Mont Co Comm Dev Center in Magnolia) and that date is open for them.  I have spoken with several other key people in my proposal about that date and all seem very positive about it.

If anyone can see any serious concern about the date please let me know.  Thank you for your attention.

I am,
     in Service to the Dream,

Ld Brian