[Gatesedge] Toy and treats distribution, need volunteers.

Margarita Alvarez serinlerapp at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 20 13:28:27 PST 2002

This is a reminder that some of us will be going out to a community center
on this Saturday (tomorrow)from 1pm-3pm, to hand out the toys that were
collected at yule. We will also be serving some punch and cookies.  Any one
who wishes to bring other types of goodies or treats, are welcome to.  Keep
in mind that there will be approx. 15 children there.

Anyone interested in going to hand out toys and play with/or hold some of
the kids would be greatly appreciated.   This kind of generosity of your
time and good will means alot to kids and does make a difference, especially
at this time of the year when these kids should be with a loving family but
instead are away from their familiar surroundings.

The address is 2801 Sampson St.
To get there, take your best route to I-45 South just past downtown (like
you are going to fighter practice at U of H), instead though, you must exit
Scott St., that's the exit just before Cullen Blvd.  Turn right (going west)
on Scott St., go about 3/10 of a mile to Tuam St. and turn right.  Continue
about 2/10 of a mile to Sampson St. and turn right. You should easily see
the community center.

Hope you'll join us,
Serin & Bowen