[Gatesedge] The Handfasting

D. Vandever hlannes at ev1.net
Mon Feb 25 14:26:34 PST 2002

Dear Friends,

It was beautiful.  It was wonderful.  It was all I ever hoped for and then
so much more.  Thank you to all of you who helped and who were there and who
wished to have been there.

Serin and Bowen...you are truely incredible.  The banner Serin made is
absolutely gorgous!  The fact that the two of you came all the way to
deliver it, be in my entourage and to witness the happiest day of my life
just leaves me in awe of the friendship you have for me.  All I can hope is
that I can continue to deserve the high regard that you hold for me.  Thank
you from the bottom of my heart for your help and love.

Stephen and Tegan...Just as absolutely incredible.  I am so glad you could
get there.  No, I wasn't thinking of ways to kill you.  I was just worried
about you.  Tegan, your support and sense of fun was greatly appreciated and
needed as that overwhelming ceremony took place.  Stephen...I couldn't have
done it without you.  Thank you so much for consenting to be my herald and
skald.  I didn't get a chance to tell you that you managed to make my poor
poetry effort sing with the talent you have.  I had so many people tell me
that it was so right to have you read it.  And as you are well aware, I was
in no state to deliver a performance at that time.  One of the few things I
remember beyond the overwhelming and consuming love I found in Thorgard's
eyes that afternoon, was of you stepping forward to read my poem for me,
tears streaming down your cheeks and dripping off your chin but your
beautiful voice rock steady and proud.  I could never have done it.  Thank
you both for loving me and sharing this time with me.  I will never forget
it nor you.

Eadric...the mead was perfect.  Thank you again for giving it to me.  I have
a small idea of how precious it was to you and I want you to know that it
was just the right amount and well recieved.  As you predicted, it did not
taste the same as what Cindy let me taste in your home last week (Just last
week?  A lifetime!) but it was still marvelously sweet and light.  For those
reading this who did not know, Eadric gave me the next to the last bottle of
his National Homebrewer's Association's Champions bottle of mead that he won
with 6 years ago.  Such a sacrifice was not unnoted nor unappreciated.  I
have been so blessed with such tokens of love this week that I feel truely
overwhelmed.

Robin...Serin and Bowen got the bread you made to me just fine.  I want you
to know that I had several people come to me after the ceremony and ask what
type of bread it was and what was the recipe.  (I used the Irish Soda
Bread.)  It fit on the platter that Serin & Bowen brought perfectly and had
the most wonderful texture and flavor!  The bread (like the apples and the
mead) was shared with all who would partake and many commented on the
wonderful fresh flavor.  You must make some more for me sometime soon.
Thank you so much and I know that you would have loved to have been there.

Caitlin...dear sister and beloved friend.  I know that nothing except that
which you love as much as you love me could keep you away from witnessing
the happiness and joy which overtook me on Saturday afternoon.  I am glad
that Mr. Bill is doing so well.  I want you to know that all of the
marvelous "dowry" items you contributed were used and used well.  I just
have one question....do I have to give the Amber back????  Just joking.  :)

Evian Blackthorn, Ashti, Maggie Rose, Miraposa, Hallil Fuzzy Belly, HL
Serafina and Tara are not members of this list but I want the people of
Gate's Edge to know of their aide to me while sorjorning in Bjornsborg.
Each of these people contributed their time, help, and sometimes personal
items such as Evian's bow and Seraphina's flowers in order to make the time
even more "special" for myself and my beloved.  Each of them help and/or
were in my entourage and their support for me is so very much appreciated.
Should you ever meet any of them, give them honor in my name and I shall be
most grateful.

Dear Friends, I am still reeling from the events of this weekend.  I have
never been so happy in my life and truely believe that this time "they lived
happily ever after" will be a true ending to my story.  A number of people
took pictures and assure me that they will post them to the web.  Until
then, I remain...

In Service,
Annes
Dear God,  Help me to be the person