[Gatesedge] Stanco ...

macthomas macthomas at mail.ev1.net
Thu Feb 28 12:13:59 PST 2002

Sorry for the one that got away, folks.  The filters are in place
to prevent repeat offenses from the same address.

Let's all work together to prevent further aggravation from this
incident by (1) not replying to the original post or, if necessary
to reply, (2) being certain that the orignal post is deleted from
the reply.  As has been mentioned, failing to do this just
perpetuates the message.  My thanks to all of you for helping with
this.

Also, let me remind everyone that this why the list is set to
automatically detach files from posts.  Judging from the
filenames, we were at best spared a rather embarrassing series of
graphics and at worst, a potentially harmful virus.  If you have a
file that you wish to share with the list, I ask that you post a
notice that you have such-and-such a file, and that you'll be glad
to forward the file privately to those that request it.  Also,
keep in mind that the list automatically holds for approval all
posts that list more than 10 addresses.  This is designed to
further minimize the chances of the list being spammed.

Now, if I just knew enough Italian to *really* reset the
filters ... <grin>

In your service (ciao - that's all the Italian I know),
Stephen, Gatesedge List Administrator

Sent via the EV1 webmail system at mail.ev1.net