[Gatesedge] Need Help, demo tomorrow evening.

Margarita Alvarez serinlerapp at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 4 10:02:26 PST 2002

Greetings all!
Please forgive the short notice, I only just received confirmation last
night.  Holy Comforter Episcopal Church is having a small 12th Night dinner
celebration this Saturday evening.  They have invited the SCA to provide a
demonstration.  This would be indoors and would be from about 530pm-730pm.
I know that this Saturday is also Westgate's Winter Collegium (I'll be there
during the day myself), but if you did not plan to go to the event or to
stay for the evening festivities, please join us at the demo.

All bards, dancers (no experience necessary, we'll teach), jugglers, and
artisans would be most welcome and appreciated.  A fighting demonstration
either heavy armor or rapier(or both) may also take place, but would be more
limited in it's intensity due to limited space, so fighters would also be
most welcome.  Anyone with knowledge of the 12th night celebration and it's
origins, meanings, and traditions would also be appreciated to answer
questions and "educate" those attending this celebration.

If you are able to help with this demo, please join us at Holy Comforter
Episcopal Church at 2322 Spring Cypress Rd. in the North Houston/Spring
area. (Make your best way to I-45 north at FM 2920, exit FM 2920, turn to go
west, away from Old Town Spring, go just over 1/2 mile to Springwest Drive
and turn left, then turn right on Spring Cypress Rd. and travel 1/3 mile,
the church will be on the right hand side.)

Please call me, or Lord Bowen if you will be able to attend, or need more
info. or assistance with directions.(281) 583-1878

Thank you,
Serin Le Rapp