[Gatesedge] Help with Translations

Bob Galley midgarn at houston.rr.com
Tue Jul 9 13:44:21 PDT 2002

Greek: (From www.kypros.org) Modern Greek only: Ancient Greek came up empty.
Gate: pyli
Edge: Akro (border, brim, edge, extreme, extremity -- sounds too much like
acro- to me.) cheilos (brim, brink, edge, labium, ledge, lip ... A second
word found would hint that 'cheilos pylium' might be the compound formation)
kopsi (edge) akonizo (edge, grind, sharpen, whet -- obviously not our
preferred meaning)

Nikolaos (BoB)