[Gatesedge] Name

Pam Kendrick pkendrick at houston.rr.com
Thu Jul 11 15:00:13 PDT 2002

I have not participated in this debate up to now because I wanted to think
long and hard about what I wanted to say.

Here are my pennies........

We are a strong, eager and talented, hard working group.  We are not the
same group we were 10 or so years ago, due to mobility in our lives, trials
and tribulations in our mundane lives as well as personal growth.  Many of
us are original members, but many of us are transplants from other areas or
new to the society in general.

With variations in the populous, comes change.  Change is good and
necessary, without it we can not continue to grow.

I feel we need to focus on who we are now, as a people, where we live, what
we do, what we ultimately expect of ourselves.  We need not forget who we
were, nor should we, it is from past examples and history that we learn is
it not?  We may, upon closer inspection of ourselves, find that a new name
is a part of growth, and then again we may not.  It seems to me should at
least give it careful consideration.

If a change is to be made, it's better to do it sooner than later, for
procrastination could possibly be looked upon as indecisiveness.  We are in
no way an indecisive group.

As Always.........
Damask