[Gatesedge] New Name

Ron rkchance at charter.net
Wed Jul 10 18:33:00 PDT 2002

In my previous missive (blathering) I wanted to make the point that if
translations were being made, you should consider forms other than
literal.

With the information that the name Gates Edge has been registered and
having a finite amount of time to initiate the Shire paperwork, would it
not be prudent to focus on Shire status now and work on a name change
later?

There has been a lot of hard work to get us to this point.  I wouldn't
want to risk that hard work over a name.  I feel that we are rushing
this process.  And when you rush into something, you don't necessarily
make the best choice.

As I understand it, we have nine months left to get the paperwork in or
we have to start all over.  I say process it.

If we all feel that a name change is in order, I would much rather be
able to have the entire focus be on the name rather than getting
something together hurriedly to slap into paperwork for Shire status.

I have found that a name, while important, is not all defining in and of
itself.  I have found that the people within the group are what are
important.

Oh, it matters not what name we call ourselves, we are still who we are
regardless. A Rose by any other name and all that.

Just my opinion.  And there is a reason they are free.

Rognvaldr Viljalmsson

Pick your star, stay your course, and take big bites