[Gatesedge] Way too cool news

D. Vandever hlannes at ev1.net
Wed Jun 19 16:49:55 PDT 2002

Dear Friends,

I have had some way too cool news and this was the fastest way I could tell
you about it.  As many of you know, I was diagnosed diabetic last November.
Needless to say it was a major wake up call.  I just got my test results
back from a check up 2 weeks ago and all of the news is A+ excellent!!
Details below my sig line for those who want to know such things.  If not,
y'all can stop reading now and just smile for me.  I am soooooo happy (i.e.
ecstatic).  Such a birthday present I gave myself!  Woo-hoo!

Love to everybody,
Annes
Dear God,  Help me to be the person
my dog thinks I am.  Amen

The bloody details:

Blood Sugar:  104  (normal 50-130, diabetic <160)
Cholesterol: 171 (<200 desirable)
LDL (bad cholesterol): 87 (<130 normal...desired <100 for diabetics)
HDL (good cholesterol): 68 (>35 desired...I almost doubled what they
want!!!)
Triglycerides: 79 (<200 desired...woo-hoo on this one!)
Blood count:  normal
Kidney function:  normal
HbA1C (3 month cumulative blood sugar test):  5.91 down from my high of 9.12
last November and my doctor wanting me at < 6.3!!!  My doctor wrote me a
personal note which read "Your diabetes is under excellent control!  Good
for you!  Continue the plan of care you are currently on."  Can you see me
doing the "stir the pot" dance!?!