[Gatesedge] Gulf War

D. Vandever hlannes at ev1.net
Sat Mar 2 11:57:50 PST 2002

Unto the populace,

Just in case you are one of the few people who haven't heard, I would like
you to know that I will not be attending this Gulf War as previously
planned.  At first, I thought that both my new Lord, Thorgard, and I would
be attending.  Then he had to have some minor surgrey (sp?) and it blew his
finances for Gulf War.  Ok, we both thought, he can't go but I can.  Then he
got some more bills from the operation which he hadn't expected and it
really, really has put him in a bind.  It seemed selfish to spend perfectly
good money to enjoy myself at an event that I had attended for 10 years.
The temptation is great not to break my attendence streak but since the
handfasting, I have other priorities.  So, I am going to stay home and he is
going to come and work on my house and I am going to pay him for doing it.
This helps him and helps me and I get to see him anyway.  I have not
withdrawn my name from the list so that you can use the land set aside for
myself and my lord for whatever purpose you need.I will miss you all and
will wish I was there (unless I hear that the weather is really really
crappy in which case I shall worry about you but not really envy you).
Please take lots of pictures and come back bearing marvelous tales to post
here and to submitt to the newsletter (Shameless plug for Damask).  Until
then, I remain....

In Service,