[Gatesedge] FW: Scary

Young, Carolyn Carolyn.Young at goodmanmfg.com
Fri Sep 6 07:45:54 PDT 2002

This is off-topic and I don't know whether or not this has gotten down here
yet, but after working with the Rape Crisis program for 10 years it doesn't
surprise me.  Just be careful out there.

Caitlin

Carolyn B. Young
Goodman Mfg.
IT - Branch
713/861.2500 ext 425

Subject: STAY SAFE!

My wife  received this last night.  Don't be  afraid but be aware.
Sooneror  later this will hit small town USA.

I was approached  yesterday afternoon around 3:30pm in the Walmart
parking lot at University Drive  (Peoria), by two males, asking what kind of
perfume I was wearing. Then they  asked if I'd like to sample some
fabulous scent they were willing to sell me at  a very reasonable rate. I
probably would have agreed had I not received an email  some weeks ago,
warning of a "Wanna smell this neat perfume?" scam.

The  men continued to stand between parked cars, I guess to wait for
someone else to  hit on. I stopped a lady going towards them, pointed at
them, and told her about  how I was sent an e-mail at work about someone
walking up to you at the malls or  in parking lots, and asking you to
SNIFF PERFUME that the! y are selling at a  cheap price. THIS IS NOT PERFUME
- IT
IS ETHER!  When you sniff it, you'll  pass out. And they'll take your
wallet, your valuables, and heaven knows what  else.

If it were not for this e-mail, I probably would have sniffed the
"perfume". But thanks to the generosity of an emailing friend, I was spared
  whatever might have happened to me. I wanted to do the same for you.

PLEASE PASS THIS ALONG TO ALL YOUR WOMEN FRIENDS, AND PLEASE BE  ALERT,
AND AWARE!!
 IF YOU ARE A MAN AND RECEIVE THIS PASS IT ON TO YOUR WOMEN  FRIENDS!
Michelle R. Rogers
Ladies this happened to me yesterday and I  didn't smell the perfume
either
thanks to this email! This is true! Believe me, know! I was over by Big
Lots in the parking lot in Bloomington at lunch time when I was approached.
So either day or night, it does not matter.
There  were 3 guys together when I was approached. ! I called the police
then
I got back  to my desk. Like the eMail says above, LET EVERYONE KNOW
ABOUT THIS. YOUR  FRIENDS, FAMILY, CO-WORKERS, who ever. It helped me. The
first thing that popped  in my head was this eMail warning.
Carolyn K. Calaway
Merchandising  Training, Target Corp. 1000 Nicollet Mall
TPS-795 Minneapolis, MN 55403 ph:  612.696.6044 fax: 612.696.4232

  _____

<http://g.msn.com/1HM1ENUS/c152??PI=44364>