[Gatesedge] I just wanted to say

D. Vandever hlannes at ev1.net
Mon Aug 4 11:06:11 PDT 2003

Dear Friends and Family,

I wanted to take a moment to say thank you and congratulations to Robin for
putting on a very nice event. Your church's facility was beautiful and just
the right size. I heard many nice comments about how comfortable the guests
were. I also want to say that the tavern fare was really excellent. I
enjoyed everything I ate. It was well prepared and very tasty. Vivat to the
cook, Bowen and the kitchen crew. I noticed lots of people in the kitchen,
including the Baron of the Loch, Willim. I was going to offer to help but
there seemed to be so many already in there and when I asked Dolfin about it
he said to sit out there and enjoy myself as they had more hands than they
knew what to do with.  The decorations were fantastic, thanks to Fiametta
and Evalune. Vivat to the workers and the helpers! Vivat to the autocrat!

The day just flew by and then court was so nice. I apologize for not
heralding the court but I am just not cut out to be a voice herald I guess.
After the "fun" I had during morning court, I begged HE Lissa to allow Lord
Alden to herald the evening court. She graciously consented and he
graciously obliged. Thank you, Alden for pulling my feet out of the fire.

During court, so many of our fine folk were honored. HE Godwin managed to
attend after dealing with making TRM new bed all day trying to get it ready
to go to Pennsic. HE Lissa had so many beautiful, inspiring and gracious
words as our folk were recognized again and again for their service and
their art. Let's see if my poor memory lets me name them all.

Natalia and Mattias were honored with Sable Comets for their work in the
canton. Bowen also received his Sable Comet and well deserved it was.
Fiametta was given a Sable Thistle in Tapestry Painting and Evalune a Sable
Thistle in Charter Painting. Carluccio received a Sable Crane for service to
the Kingdom. Then Carluccio was honored again with being named a Guardian of
the Gate as was Snorri for his past service to the Canton. Sadly, all of the
medallions made by our loved and sorely missed Baroness Adelicia had been
given away to previous Guardians. Our newest Guardians and future Gaurdians
will have to make do with my poor efforts. However, they didn't seem to be
too put out, so perhaps my efforts were adequate. Vivat to all those newly
honored by Thier Majesties! Vivat to our newest Guardians!

On a more personal note, I wish to apologize for not staying to help with
clean up. This is the very first MSF I have not stayed to help close the
event. Perhaps age is getting to me, but I knew the headache I had had all
day certainly did. Caitlin had to leave to visit her husband who is
currently residing in a nursing home due to his most recent surgery. (Please
keep William the Invisible in your thoughts and prayers.....slipping Cait in
there once in a while probably wouldn't hurt either) Between the headache
and the need to ride home, I could not stay. I sincerely apologize and hope
that there were many willing and much younger hands (and legs) to clean up
that beautiful hall. I hope to be able to help with clean up for Cour
d'Amour, Lady willing and the creek don't rise.  Until then, I remain...

In Service,
Annes
Dear God,  Help me to be the person
my dog thinks I am.  Amen