[Gatesedge] Of interest to the populace and chronicler

Eadric Anstapa eadric at scabrewer.com
Mon Feb 3 09:26:29 PST 2003

>From the minutes of the SCA BOD first quarterly meeting of 2003.

Society Chronicler

The Society Chronicler presented a change to the Chronicler's Policies,
section C.4.a., Distribution Requirements, concerning electronic publication
of local newsletters (note that this policy does not apply to Kingdom
newsletters). Previous policy had prohibited electronic publication of
newsletters if there was a charge for a subscription to the paper copy of
the newsletter. This policy change eliminates that requirement, making it
simpler to publish electronically. The Board approved this policy change.
The revised policy reads as follows:

"Local chroniclers may use Electronic distribution for the newsletters. The
newsletters must be made available in hard copy to any and all members of
the local populace requesting it and for complimentary copies noted in
section C.4.b. Specific permission to publish electronically must be
received from each contributor and the electronic newsletter must also
adhere to the provisions found in the Electronic Publications Policies."

Of course if we wanted to make a change we would still need to wait for
official approval at the kingdom level.

In Service,

Lord Eadric Anstapa
Kingdom Archery Marshal, Ansteorra