[Gatesedge] Missive from the East Kingdom

P. J. Westervelt pjwestervelt at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 15 05:34:37 PST 2003

I have no idea if this is information relevant to any in the area, but it does not hurt to pass this on.
For those who do not know, His Majesty Andreas of the East is a Marine Reservist.  He posted these words to several public lists within the East Kingdom, and thought that they also needed to be seen here.

----

Greetings to all who see these words...

As of 2030 last night; I have been activated and will be sent overseas. I will check into my unit in CT and within a week, I should be going to a Marine Corps Base, stateside. Within 2 weeks of arriving at the base, I will be sent to Southwest Asia.

I have stated since the beginning of the reign, that there is a possibility that some of us might be sent away to protect our country.

Know this: We all think of our family in the SCA and especially our fine Kingdom of the East. When things are the toughest, I will draw from the strength that has been exhibited to me by my lady love Gabriella, my family, my Queen, Isabella, my household and my friends. I am lucky to have served as King of the East. I have come in contact with many people I might have never had the chance to meet. I will always have fond memories of sitting at great feasts in Our Northern Shores. I will remember fighting in the summer time in Maine, fighting side by side with the Great Northern Army with their famous Masters.   I will remember fighting with my beloved Bloodguard; a greater band of brothers could not be found. I will remember my roots. Getting taught to fight by Sir Wulfstan, Duke Ronald, Master Wulfgar and getting whooped up on by the von Halsterns.

Most of all, I will recall warm summer days. Walking by camps full of friends at Pennsic War. Whether you realize it or not, you will all be my inspiration when I work long hours and my thoughts drift off of home.

It has been a pleasure to serve as your King. It has been the greatest pleasure to just be a member of this fine community, which I will carry in my heart to the end of my days.

Honor all of your brothers and sisters in my absence.  Please make an effort towards peaceful relations with each other.

Support your Queen as she will need your help. I am appointing a regent to serve you and my Queen in my absence. Although he will have no real power; he will represent me while I am off at Crusade. He will help Our Queen as she continues to rule in my absence.

These are my wishes. I look forward to the day when I can return to your fold and see the smiling faces of the largest family a man ever had.

I love you all......

Andreas

"Suppose you were an idiot... And suppose you were a member of Congress...But I repeat myself." - Mark Twain