[Gatesedge] Question for your Brewmeisters

Manley, Stephanie stephanie.manley at hp.com
Tue Jul 15 07:00:51 PDT 2003

I did not try that, because we have always had great luck in explosive
fermentations.  I take the specific gravities, and they seemed pretty
much on target, I just would have expected a better start with all of
the sugar.  I did not use any starter, I used a white labs and a dry
yeast, but I did start the dry yeast in apple juice before hand, and let
it start.

Thanks for the reassurance, I don't like funky mead :)

Katherine