[Gatesedge] archery this saturday and other assorted questions

Rose rose_red_566 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 20 06:43:10 PST 2003

Good Morning all,

I'm new to the region - and a former SCA'er from many, many, many, many, (did I say many?) moons ago in the shire of Emeraldkeep in Central Texas.  I now have two teen sons, 12 and 14, who have some interest in history, love the Rennaisance Festival, and have expressed some interest in Archery.   Would this be an appropriate beginning function to bring them to?

I've only quite recently written to your Hospitaler about attending your meetings and becoming an active member in the SCA again.  Alas, we have no garb - no utensils - nada - zippo - zero - so would need info on restocking.

I'm afraid I've strayed from my initial question ... as I tend to do.  LOL   I want my boys to get fired up about the SCA and share the love I had of it.   I also have questions about how to jump back in with both feet!

Any help you can give would be most appreciated ...

Liza,
Lady Arielle Lamareaux (many, many, many, many, many moons ago) <-- have a question about this, also - was given my AOA back during the Reign of King Seamus of the Cats in Emeralkeep ('87 possibly), but i'm not showing up on the OP. :(   Do I gotta start over again?

Talmon Parker <tt_ann at hotmail.com> wrote:

Ok this is running late again.
The shire of Gatesedge is gonna hold archery practice at Lord Eadrics
Abode.AS advertized in the
Over the Edge We will be starting at 11 A.M. As lord Eadric is just out of
my second home{the Tomball Hospital] He will be just a spectator. As usual
we will have a pot luck lunch about 2 pm,bring something and join us even if
yu don't shoot.
Hope you all can make it , Thanks
Talmon

DER BARON

I'm destined for Greatness ... I'm just pacing myself.

Rose