[Gatesedge] Scribal Request and Information

Natasha Storfer natashastorfer at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 19 16:55:44 PDT 2003

To the Talented Populace of Gate's Edge,

Looking at our upcoming calander, I noticed that due
to the holidays (and my decision to have a tuesday
off) there are only three more charter painting
meetings before the new year (one a month-October
28th, November 11th and December 9th).  However, the
number of events being held is about to increase
vastly as we more towards the holiday season.  I
mention this because many awards are given out at this
time of year and I would like to encourage one and all
to come out to participate, if you are able, to assist
with the need for award scrolls.

Also, Yule is quickly aproaching, and with it the
Coastal Regional Scribal Challenge.  The note below
was recently sent out, and I also challenge all noble
scribes and artisans to participate:

"In an effort to enrich our Kingdom's Scribal
community, I am sponsoring
Scribal Challenge..for teh scribes in the Coastal
region.

I issue each of you to make new Charters Masters for
either the Kingdom
or the
three Baronies in the Coastal Region.

  The Categories are as follows:

Advanced Scribes
Original  Kingdom Level Award Blank Charter Master or
Original  Baronial Award Blank Charter Master

Beginner Scribes
Original  Kingdom Level Award Blank Charter Master or
Original  Baronial Award Blank Charter Master

Entries can be a combined effort i.e. one does the
illumination and one
does
the calligraphy. Documentation is required for Kingdom
Level Awards.

All entries need to be to me by Stargate Yule dec 14th
2003.
You can get them to me before hand or bring them the
day of.
I am requesting, all that are going to enter to send
me a letter
stating so by Nove 15th 2003.

Prizes for both levels, include a wonderfully crafted
Box about 15
inches tall
by 12 inches wide I think ( it isn't here for me to
measure)  With the
Scribe's
badge on the front of it.
Various supplies, and hopefully some books. Also A
Gift Certificate for
either
Texas Art supply or Cheap Joe's.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions.
Lady Lisabetta Micola da Monte
Coastal Region Scribe"

I look forward to seeing you at our meetings and your
entries for the challenge!

In Service,
Lady Natalia Auvert
Head of the Gate's Edge Scribal Guild