[Gatesedge] Birthdays!!!

Young, Carolyn Carolyn.Young at goodmanmfg.com
Fri Aug 6 07:21:14 PDT 2004

Ahhhh, but there you are mistaken, Grasshopper. Most of the Gentility
*could* read and write, and in our Society all are considered to be at least
gentle-born, so most of us can read and write our names (more than just a
*mark*).  And since names are *owned* they were spelled in a consistent
manner by everyone around the individual.  Unowned words, like reason, reson
or rezon, who cares, spell 'em like they sound.

Cheers,
Caitlin (of the Word Police)

Carolyn B. Young
Goodman Mfg.