[Gatesedge] Introduction

cyranobcc at netzero.net cyranobcc at netzero.net
Wed Aug 11 12:59:38 PDT 2004

Ceinwen,

Welcome to Ansteorra, and to Gate's Edge!  When you get settled and are ready to play, there is certainly enough activity here.  I assume you've found the Shire website, and the calendar.  Check out the one for Stargate (the Barony in Houston proper), its Canton of Westgate (West Houston), Loch Loillier (the Barony in the southern part of Houston), and Ravensfort (the Barony centered in Huntsville, but it starts just on the other side of the county line).  Our group here is pretty diverse and can cover just about any interest you and your family have, or think you have.

The fall tourney season will get underway soon, and there are quite a few events that are reasonablly close during that time, many of which can be day-tripped (I'm not a camper, so those are always high on my personal list).

The local monthly archery practice is a nice place to meet some of the populace (you don't need to be interested in archery to come out).  Also every Tues night on the University of Houston campus there is a combined fighter practice.  It, too, is a good meeting place and often attracts populace from all over the Houston area who engage in other activities than fighting (and we are there to encourage new fighters as well, of course).

Hope you enjoy, and welcome to the group!!

Don Brian mac Cael