[Gatesedge] An offer beyond compare

D. Vandever hlannes at ev1.net
Tue Dec 28 09:17:46 PST 2004

Greetings to All,

Here is what you most desire. I am offering you a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to satisfy 3 SCA wishes in one....the opportunity to *donate*....the opportunity to *help* ...and the opportunity to *serve*.

I am the Coordinator for the Volunteer Point at the upcoming February RavensMarch event. The event is a mini-Gulf War so just like in Gulf War the volunteers play a vital role. Here's what I need.

DONATE-items from your closet to reward those who will volunteer their time at the RavensMarch event by earning volunteer points. The item does not necessarily *have* to be SCA related. But it should be something you are proud to give and would be happy to receive. The donations will be raffled off after Court to the volunteers who made the event happen. Contact me privately at hlannes at ev1.net or historian at ansteorra.net about getting me your donated item.

HELP-by contacting me about giving me a hand in running the volunteer point at the RavensMarch event. I need 2 or 3 gentles to help keep track of the volunteers, handing out cards, keeping the area coordinators supplied with stickers. setting up the volunteer area and the raffle tickets. At this moment in time, I am alone...bereft of the solace and comfort of companions. Please contact me as above if you would like to work with me. I have special gifts for those who work closest with me.

SERVE-by attending the RavensMarch event and being a volunteer! There are a number of areas you can serve in. If you are interested, find the volunteer point and sign up for a shift! Every hour of volunteer time earns you a raffle ticket so you can get neat gifts for your work! Every two hours served get you a neat token to treasure as a memory of the event and to wear on your belt to inspire others to also volunteer to get tokens like yours!

I am very happy to have been asked to run this part of this fun event. I hope to see lots of donations and helpers! Until then, I remain....
In Service,
HL Annes Clotilde von Bamburg
Volunteer Coordinator
RavensMarch event