[Gatesedge] fibre arts

Fluffy10 at aol.com Fluffy10 at aol.com
Fri Feb 6 07:17:57 PST 2004

Greetings,

I just wanted to send out a great big THANK YOU to everyone who showed up
last night for Fibre Arts Guild and the Sewing Guild.

I'm still drooling over all of the beautiful works that were to be seen! From
the gorgeous hand pearled material, Fiametta's beautiful new gown the
patience and talent is fantastic! The discussions of other outfits to be made for
Gulf War, I can't wait to see them.  The tapestry weaving that Alia is
working on.....all I can say is WOW!  And that doesn't' even begin to cover
it!

Thank you Lady Natalia for teaching your three eager students how to make
tassels.  I never thought it could be such a fun challenge. Between hand/eye
coordination, a yard of thread, 1 tiny eyed beading needle, and a bunch of
little sparkly seed beads!
I'm happy to say that the seed beads behaved very nicely while we tried to
corral the rest of the stuff (I felt that 2 hands just wasn't enough!).  We
only had one casualty get stuck with a needle, and the finger was very
accommodating and didn't even bleed! A sign that we were doing something right!

Thank ya'll also for the wonderful conversation and stories told last night
also. Mistress Shanahan, you still astound me with the articles, and pictures
you have in your archives!  Keep 'em coming!!!

 Until next time!

Yours in service,

Aylwin Holbrook