[Gatesedge] Tremendously Good News!

D. Vandever hlannes at ev1.net
Sat Jan 31 11:27:09 PST 2004

Unto the Populace of Gates Edge does your Humble Historian send Over-Joyed
Greetings!

It is with tremendous pleasure and happiness that I wish to report that our
box of History, stored these several years at Baron Talmon's home, has been
found!!!

When Baroness Adelicia fell ill and then passed away, the box was feared to
be gone. HE Talmon had looked a number of times without success. He wasn't
sure where his lovely wife had stored the history or if it even was all
still in one place. Saddess abounded for there was so much from the earliest
years in that box.

I finally made the journey to his keep and with his help and memories, we
found the box pretty much right where HE Adelicia had told him it
was....right in front of the television!! His comment upon our finding the
box was priceless and I thought I would share it. He said," You know, I
*looked* in that box any number of times. I guess I just didn't know what I
was looking for!" But I *did* know what the history looked like and was just
jumping up and down with happiness as I pulled precious memory after
precious memory from the box.

Now I have the Canton/Shire's history in my possession once more, I have so
many plans! One thing I hope to do, perhaps as early as this next populace,
is to bring a small and different bit of the History with me for display at
each populace. I think that would do much to help newcomers and others who
have joined us since the beginning to know, appreciate and understand just
how far we have come in the 14 years we have existed. Until then...I
remain...

In Service,
HL Annes Clotilde von Bamburg
Gates Edge Historian