[Gatesedge] Introduction

Young, Carolyn Carolyn.Young at goodmanmfg.com
Tue Jan 13 09:01:20 PST 2004

To Master Michael,

Thanks for the promotion, but I'm just Lady Caitlin (unless I'm being
presumptuous and you were really speaking of HL Caitlin bean Ghearalt).

To Milady Qulajin,

I can only second Michael's words.  I certainly hope it is not a *common
opinion*.  I know I have never experienced anything but friendship and a
pouring out of love and assistance offered from any of the folk of Stargate,
Westgate, the Loch and our own shire towards each other.  I, too, have
*heard* that this person or that group is un-friendly, un-cooperative,
un-whatever-you-like.  However, I have rarely found that to be the case, so
whenever I hear things like that now I just nod graciously and go and find
out the truth for myself  (and, yes, Michael, try to rectify the perceptions
when necessary).

I can hear you saying, "Well, that's OK for you.  You're a part of the group
and not painfully shy."    and yes, I am a long time part of this crazy
shire, but I am also shy as well (I am absolutely amazed when anyone
remembers who I am).  I've just learned to hide it over the years.  Also,
shyness tends to show itself when the person is unsure of a situation.  Come
on out to our meetings and activities, get to know a small group of people
and see if some of your shyness doesn't evaporate.

As Michael said, have someone point me out if you don't already know me (I'm
the woman with long silver hair) and maybe we can ease your way into a
really fun hobby/obsession and a really great bunch of people.  If you'd
like, contact me off list at caitlin at houston.rr.com .

Lady Caitlin nan Cnoc Airghead
(former Hospitaler and Seneschal, current Chronicler)

Carolyn B. Young
Goodman Mfg.
IT - Branch
713/861.2500 ext 425