[Gatesedge] Re:  Care Packages for those overseas.

Scarlettmb at aol.com Scarlettmb at aol.com
Tue Jul 20 21:11:54 PDT 2004

I have recieved an email back from Pendaran and have followed his directions.  I looked up the different divisions online and have chosen to send care packages to the First Cavalry Division in Iraq.  They are currently in Baghdad.

The web site says that they are in need of:

-Bateries
-Personal hygene products (Males & Females)
-Groceries, including fruit/flavors drinks, powder (any kind, non-alcohol base)
-Power Converters (220 -> 110)
-DVDs (comedy preferible)
-DVD/CD Player lens cleaner discs (any kind, solution based are strongly recommended.)
-Any dust control devices/tools (we have lots)

I will also be collecting money to send the care package.  I would also ask for pictures from us and letters to the soldiers.  They love to hear from the folks back home and I don't think they really care who the person they hear from is.  I personally intend to donate not only my time to do this but also several of the items they have asked for.  Please help out where you can.  I know that none of us are really rich but these soldiers need our help and I know that my friends in the SCA will come to their aid.

If anyone needs to ask me any questions, please call me at 281-433-0347.  I will be glad to answer any questions anyone has.

Maria