[Gatesedge] Re: Care Packages for those overseas.

D. Vandever hlannes at ev1.net
Wed Jul 21 08:06:10 PDT 2004

Thanks Maria for taking the inititive to head this up. If the rest of you
are on any other lists, then you know that with Friedrich's death in Bryn
Gwlad there is a ground swell of support for this idea growing across all of
Ansteorra. What you may not know is the cost of postage. The figure that is
being bounced around is $70 to send 1 package. I haven't seen size or weight
on that.  So Maria will *also* need donations of postage money. I can't see
making her pay this out of her own pocket.

Maria, will you be going onto the AnySoldier site to pick a unit to support?
Also, on the Bryn Gwlad list there has been a lot of chatter about how hard
it is for them to keep their clothes clean and they are looking for
donations of "hand-cranked" washers or money to purchase them. Now it just
so happens that I have a new, never-been-used, hand-cranked "pressure"
washer (don't ask why) that I would be willing to donate. The box is gone
but the instructions are still inside the barrell.

I will also put $10 towards postage. Populace is way on August 9th. You
might consider other ways to get the donations to you. Remember, once
gathered it takes a month or more to get the packages to the soldiers over
there anyway.
Annes
Dear God,  Help me to be the person
my dog thinks I am.  Amen