[Gatesedge] Re: Care Packages for those overseas.

Carluccio di Baia carluccio at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 22 07:56:22 PDT 2004

Greetings All,

Having been stationed overseas, I thought that I might share my experience
with mailing packages to overseas military installations. When mailing a
package to an overseas US military base, it is possible to use standard USPS
Priority mail. Therefore you will not have to pay overseas shipping rates,
however a customs form is still required. Utilizing priority mail, I was
able to receive my packages in Southern Italy within 1-2 weeks. You can go
to the USPS website here:
http://postcalc.usps.gov/
type in the military postal code, and the weight of the package, and
calculate the cost of shipping. As the shipping manager for our business, I
have many boxes of different sizes, and am intimately familiar with using
customs forms, and I would be glad to help in these areas.

In Servizio Umile,
Carluccio