[Gatesedge] Lillian Update and "Thank You"

Natasha Storfer natashastorfer at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 5 18:30:59 PDT 2004

Hello Everyone!

I wanted to say "Thank you!" to my Gate's Edge family,
who were so wonderful during a scarey time.  Lillian
is doing much better each day.  Even though she was
asessed as 26 weeks at birth, she's behaving like a 35
weeker and we arn't letting her know that she's wrong
;)

As of this morning, she is breathing un-aided and is
out from under the blue lights!  The next big steps
are introducing food today (so far so good)and having
a brain scan on Monday (a normal proceedure for a baby
her size).

The delivery was a bit scarey (as unanticipated ones
are) and all the suppport has been amazing!  For those
that don't know, I had a prolapsed cord- and Lillian
actually saved both of us by making a dive for it!
Within 2.5 hours from my first symptoms she was
delivered by emergency c-section after the cord came
out first (Lillian didn't give us much time, she
really wanted out-which was also good since I was
hemoraging).  My daughter is my hero!

Thank you to all those that visited, the distraction
was very needed!  I will miss everyone for a while.  I
have to be basically quarentined for a while, since
Lillian's immune is not yet developed.  And after the
baby comes home, there are two months that we have to
hide as well-for the same reason.  They anticipate her
coming home in 8-10 weeks, so I will be away until
October. That dosen't mean you can't call or email
though!  If you would like the number where I am
staying, email me and I'll pass it on.

Thank you also to all those that have stepped forward
to help with the event.  I apologize to the whole
Shire for not being able to follow through as
autocrat, but I know what a great group of tallented
people you are and I'm sure that it will be a
spectacular event for that very reason!

Lastly, I had put out an announcement earlier
concerning the Hospitaler position opening in July.
It is still coming open, although I will not be acting
Hospitaler as of last Monday;)  Please consider
applying if you enjoying meeting new people and love
the SCA and love to see it grow!  I really enjoyed
being Hospitaler-thank you to all those that came to
the new-comer meetings to answer questions or ask
them.

With Love,
Lady Natalia Auvert
Mother of Lillian Elise Storfer