[Gatesedge] Notes from the walk through

D. Vandever hlannes at ev1.net
Tue Jun 8 11:34:34 PDT 2004

Success!!! I found the notebook where I took down the information the day we
went to the site to check it out.

I'm going to send Alywin the number for Keith (Murphy's son) privately but
thought I'd share the rest of the information publicly.

The main part of the hall is 54' X 51'. The ceiling is about 12 feet up or
more. If we hang things from the ceiling we will need at least one good
ladder. The ceiling has those suspended panels and it is possible to hang
things if they are light. There are a few hooks on the north end of the
hall. We discussed hanging items with Murphy but my notes do not say what
the outcome of that was. Check with Fiametta, perhaps she remembers. It is
rated to hold about 250 people. There are 200 chairs and 30-8' tables. The
ladies room has 3 stalls and a sink and the men's has 2 stalls, 1 urinal and
a sink. They are *not* handicap friendly and we discussed getting a handicap
porto to put outside but I don't know if anything went anywhere with this.
There was an 18' space between the columns of the "bower" / statuary area.
There was a dias against the north wall (closest to the road). It was
approx. 12 feet long and 8 feet wide, with 1 or 2 small steps up. I remember
it was comfortable to sit on as that is where I wrote most of my notes.
There were some hooks on the wall behind it and we discussed hanging Gates
Edge banners and such on them. The kitchen is quite large with a double
oven, 2 range tops-at least one of these with another oven underneath,
utility sink, a 10' prep table, a 12' buffet window opening into the hall
itself, 20' + of counter space, 2 refridgerators, a portable buffet, and 2
microwaves. There were 2 freezers but they were locked for private use of
the K of C but they can be used for additional counter space. Outside the
parking lot will hold 75 cars. There is a covered drive thru at the main
doors on the east side of the building where we discussed putting troll
possibly. There is a large grassy area at the south end of the parking lot
where they hold a "turkey shoot" where Natalia discussed having bocce ball.
Between the parking lot and the "shooting area" there is a row of covered
permanent pavillions (looks sort of like the portable garages only with
permanent roofs) where she thought some merchants might be placed. Also out
there is a separate smaller booth like thing with a roof where they
apparently sell the tickets for the turkey shoot which we discussed as a
possible smoking area. There is a large older building behind the hall to
the south which is not accessable to us and they use it for storage. There
are outlets in the hall but I have no notes on their placement.

I hope this helps!!!!
In Perpetual Service,
Annes
Dear God,  Help me to be the person