[Gatesedge] This Weekend's Event

john moore iaenmor at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 10 21:38:46 PDT 2004

Annes, I for one had a great time fighting with him.  I was glad to have had
the chance to cross arms with him and then really watch him have a great
time fighting Sir Kief.  Rarely does one get to see two Vikings go after
each other with such vigor and have such fun at the same time.  I really
wish I had a camera or video recorder for that bout.  The noises they were
making was enough to make one laugh.

Iaen

>From: "D. Vandever" <hlannes at ev1.net>
>To: "Shire of Gate's Edge - SCA, Inc." <gatesedge at ansteorra.org>
>Subject: [Gatesedge] This Weekend's Event
>Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 16:39:30 -0500
>
>Dear Shire Members,
>
>I can't begin to count the number of people that I want to thank for making
>Cour d'amore such a "blast" for my dear lord, HL Thorgard. I haven't seen
>him enjoy himself like this in over a year.
>
>As many of you are aware, Thorgard is the sole caretaker of his dying
>father. He has so many burdens to bear. Getting away for a weekend to relax
>and forget about his cares for a few minutes or hours is very rare right
>now. Each and every one of you helped him do just that, to put down the
>burden for just a bit. This morning he went on and on about how nice
>everyone was to him; how good the site looked; how well everything went;
>how much fun he had; how well people looked after him when I couldn't be
>with him; how much he enjoyed the fighting and playing to the favor of the
>Ladies in the gallery; how fun court was; what marvelous prizes were given;
>and (several times) how incredibly delicious feast was. He even asked me
>about the "Bella Luchi" award and what that was all about. When I explained
>it to him, he said he has never heard of a branch below a barony giving out
>their own awards. I reminded him that we've done this since we were a
>canton, starting with the Guardian award. His response was that we are a
>very unique group of folks and I certainly cannot disagree with him about
>that!!!
>
>Thank you each and every one of my dear friends of the best Shire in the
>Known World.  It was a magical weekend in Gwenever's Court for both of us.
>Thank you for the opportunity to work with you to make such magic happen.
>As we all know, such things just don't happen by themselves but are the
>result of a lot of work from a number of people. I , for one, am very
>thankful that we have so many capable, artistic and caring people. Thank
>you for everything.
>Annes
>Dear God,  Help me to be the person
>my dog thinks I am.  Amen