[Gatesedge] List Admin Out Of Town (Quick, Let's Booze It Up!)

Snorri Hallsson snorri at houston.rr.com
Tue Oct 12 19:39:33 PDT 2004

Greetings to the list:

I will be out of town from Wednesday, October 13 until Sunday, October 17.
The list will be mostly unmoderated during this time, though I will try to
check in as often as I can.  To try and minimize problems, I have made two
changes to the administration of the list.

First, I have increased the maximum size of a post from 10 KB to 25 KB.
This means that any post larger than 25 KB will now be held for approval,
where it was once anything larger than 10 KB.  Once again, everyone is
reminded to trim their posts to keep from hitting the approval threshold.
If a post is held for some reason, it *may* be Sunday or Monday before I can
approve the post.

Second, while I am out of town, all replies to posts to the list are now set
to be sent to the *sender* by default and not back to the list.  This will
hopefully further minimize anything from being withheld from its intended
party.  Please be sure you check your reply-to addresses before sending to
be sure that you're sending to the correct party.

If anyone has any questions, please drop me a line.  Have a safe weekend and
to those traveling to Bjornsborg, have fun!

Honor and glory, health and fortune,

HL Snorri Hallsson

Gatesedge List Administrator