[Gatesedge] OT - Breast Cancer Happiness

Mage Prevot serinoir at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 15 16:51:14 PDT 2004

I make my donations towards this every chance I can. My mom was dignosed w/breast cancer thirteen years ago, had a mastectomy and was clear for 11 years, then was re-diagnosed with breast cancer in the lung in the spring of 2001. She refused surgery at first because she was determined to live to see her 1st grandson (Jules) be born. Well, after his birth half her lung was removed and thanks to modern medical science is on the latest and greatest daily chemotherapy drugs available. This helped her avoid the mega doses of chemo and readiation which ravage the body. She'll be on these drugs the rest of her life, but I'm greatful for them and for her aaccessibility to them thanks to cancer research.
So give if you can,
Serin

snorri at houston.rr.com wrote:
Greetings my friends and family:

This is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month in the United States. There's all kinds of places you can go for information, and if you go five minutes in most any mall this month, you'll find some fundraiser reminding you about it, so I'm not going to bore you with all that stuff. What I am going to do, is tell you why it's such an important topic to my heart...