[Gatesedge] RE: Fabrics and culture stuff

Young, Carolyn Carolyn.Young at goodmanmfg.com
Wed Sep 8 09:18:51 PDT 2004

Without *profiling* or bias, that attitude is quite typical of Hong Kong.  I
was there for 3 weeks in 1996 and your experience (not the injury) with
sales people is pretty much the norm there.  I have come to believe that we,
here in the South, are spoiled; we are brought up with a very different view
of what is courtesy and what is rudeness than the rest of the world.  We try
to educate the *furiners* when they do manage to find their way into
civilization, but it is a long and tedious project. :-)

Cheers,
Caitlin (the civilized, Southern Celt)

Carolyn B. Young
Goodman Mfg.