[Gatesedge] OT - Moving Help Needed Sat & Sun 2/12-13

Snorri Hallsson snorri at houston.rr.com
Fri Feb 11 21:39:59 PST 2005

Greetings:

In opening, let me offer my apologies for the bandwidth on a personal,
off-topic matter.  As Gróa and I announced at the January Gate’s Edge
populace meeting, and again recently on the list, we are in the process of
moving from a ground level, three bedroom apartment to a ground level, two
bedroom apartment halfway across the same complex.  Earlier today, we picked
up the keys and this weekend, we are moving the furniture and living
essentials (kitchen, bed/bathroom, clothing, etc.) from the old apartment to
the new.  Over the following week (Tuesday through Friday) we’ll be moving
boxes over carload by carload, and on the following weekend (the 19th and
20th) we’ll be deep cleaning the old apartment.

The reason that I’m posting this is that, as mentioned before at populace,
we really need your help.

Most of you know that Gróa’s back has been bothering her for years.
Recently we were told why, and what to do to minimize the pain: no bending,
no twisting, and no lifting anything over 10 pounds until otherwise told.
We have a couple of folks that will be here this weekend to help, but a
house full of furniture for three people will make for a very long, hard
day.  So once again, we’re requesting any assistance that you care to
provide.  Since this is the last act that I’ll be doing on the computer
before service is set up in the new apartment Saturday morning, we’d like to
request that if anyone would like to come help, even for an hour or two, to
please *call* at 281-877-0357 to let us know you are coming and to get
directions here.  It’s a little late to call this evening, but you can call
Saturday morning, 2/12/2005, starting anytime.  (Furniture’s still here,
phone service is already over there, you’re not going to wake us up.)  Those
who come to help will be rewarded with food and drink and a housewarming
party in the near future.

We will be *very* glad to see you this weekend!

Honor, good fortune and hospitality,

Snorri & Gróa

P.S.  We’d also like to further tempt you with the fact that Saturday
evening’s food bribery shall consist of chicken and dumplings, beef
stroganoff, homemade New York style plain and chocolate cheesecakes, and
homemade brownies.  We’ll wing lunch together as a group.  Since everyone
has their own preferences, BYOB, please.

And for goodness sake, if you were planning to head out to Wanderer’s Rest
to shoot, don’t skip it just for us!  The Trimarans are on the march and
this is your *last chance* to practice before war!!!  Go!  Shoot, kill,
repeat!