[Gatesedge] Insignia painting at Scribes

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 31 15:58:24 PST 2005

> Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 13:03:15 -0600
> From: "D. Vandever" <hlannes at ev1.net>
> Subject: [Gatesedge] More questions
> To: <gatesedge at ansteorra.org>

<snip>
> Groa used to head up the insignia guild for Stargate. I also *believe* the
> college of heralds actually made a position for that.
> Question:
> Is Groa still the head of the insignia guild for Stargate?
> Does it every meet?
> Is there a position in the herald's college for this or not?
> Is it active?
>
> *I'm* thinking that it might be fun to paint insignia along with scrolls at
> the Tuesday night Scribal meeting. I have some supplies and most of the
> badges are really easy to paint. Sable Comets, Cranes, and Thistles aren't
> hard and other ones like the Rising Star's etc. aren't hard either. Cost is
> minimal. $4-5 for the wooden disks, some acrylic paint (mostly gold and
> black) some urethane spray to make them a bit shiny, and some thin ribbon to
> hang them on.
> Question:
> Would Lord Eric mind this?
> Would anybody else like to do this?
> When are those scribal nights again?
>
> Annes

I believe Groa is still the head of the 'insignia guild of Stargate', but don't believe it's
currently meeting.

You know, you could have rubber stamps made for the basic templates, to impress on the wooden
disks, then go paint them, they may be a bit uniform but those not artistic could 'color in the
lines'.    As for joining in with GE Scribes, I join Eric in saying 'the more the merrier'.
See ya next Tuesday night.
Hillary  (back to lurking)